Rover partners with Stripe, a payment services provider, to secure financial services. Stripe is a certified PCI Service Provider Level 1, this is the most stringent level of certification available in the payments' industry.
Your card will be charged when you book a service, similar to reserving a hotel or flight. Booking the service reserves your spot with the sitter. Please note that payment isn't released to your sitter until 2 days following the completion of the service. Rover accepts major credit cards, debit cards, and prepaid debit cards, including Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, and Maestro.
- Why is there a processing/pending charge on my card?
An authorisation charge of the total booking amount is placed on your card when you book a service. Rover then holds on to those funds and releases them to the sitter two days after the service is complete.
You should see the charge as “processing” or “pending” in your bank account.
- If your sitter doesn’t accept the request within 72 hours or declines the request, you’ll see the pending charge drop off and the funds returned to your account. Typically, they’ll be returned within a week, but it depends on your bank’s policies and processing times.
- If a pending request on Rover is ever modified (like a change of dates, price, etc.) you’ll be asked to re-accept the request. Then, your bank account will be debited for the new price and the previous charge will drop off. The new charge will be the only one that actually finalises.
- I see a pending £0 or £1 charge on my card. What's going on?
When you make a Rover purchase, you may see a £0 or £1 pending charge on your bank statement as part of the card authorisation process. This is a temporary authorisation charge, and it will disappear from your statement. This is done to verify that the card is valid, and the bank will allow it to be authorised.
- What if I get an error when paying for a booking?
If you are experiencing a roadblock paying for your booking, check that your postcode or address has been submitted correctly, or that the card’s expiration date, CVV, or card number hasn't been mistyped. To troubleshoot, if you’ve moved recently, try submitting payment using your previous address usually, this does the trick.
Also, please check that the card has sufficient funds to complete the purchase or that you haven't exceeded the balance or credit limit available on your card.
If the issue persists after 3 attempts, please contact your financial institution to confirm your billing address and card details, or try using a different payment method. If your financial institution confirms that everything seems correct, feel free to contact us.
- Can I pay for a booking with multiple cards?
We can only charge one card at a time, so there isn’t a way to pay for one booking with more than one card. However, you can break up the booking into separate requests and use a different card on each request. For instance, if you want to book a stay from Monday - Friday, you can send one request for Monday to Wednesday and a second request from Wednesday to Friday. Then, you can pay for each request with a different card.
- Does Rover accept credit/debit cards from countries where the platform doesn't operate?
Yes, as long as it's a valid credit or debit card.
Have questions? We're here for you! Contact Rover Support at +448082812524. Or, submit a help request by navigating to the bottom of any page in the Help Center and selecting Contact Support.