Photos are an important part of your sitter profile on Rover, let’s face it, pics of pets and their humans are cute too. In this article, we’ll go over how to:
- Add photos
- Rearrange photos
- Edit photo captions
- Delete photos
- Hide stay photos
Great photos are clear, and well-lit, and include smiling faces and happy pets. For tips and tricks on taking great photos, check out this tutorial. Here’s how to add photos to your profile:
Your profile photo will appear next to your name in the search and also in the Rover Messages when you're communicating with pet owners. We recommend adding a clear, well-lit photo of your face.
- To add a profile photo, click here.
- Select Upload Your Photo. Choose a photo from your device that's about 400x400 pixels.
- Crop your photo as needed. Select Add.
- Scroll down and select Save & Continue.
We recommend high-resolution (at least 750x500 pixels), well-lit photos of your smiling face, your pets, or home. Additional photos give pet owners a sense of who you are and how you’ll care for their pets.
- Click here to get to the Gallery Photos section of your account.
- Drag an image into the image uploader, or manually upload an image from your computer. You can add as many photos as you like, but we recommend uploading at least 4 images.
3. When finished, select Save & Continue.
The image in the first position within your gallery photos will be the largest one displayed on your sitter profile. You can rearrange the order of these photos at any time by selecting an image within the gallery and dragging it to the desired position. Make sure you save your changes.
You can tell pet owners about your photos by adding captions. Rover Tip: Keep captions short, positive, and friendly to make a good impression on pet owners.
1. Navigate to your profile by selecting your name and then Profile.
2. Locate the Sitter Profile section and select Photos.
3. Hover your cursor over a photo and select the pencil icon when it appears.
4. A pop-up window will display your photo and a spot to type in a caption. Write your caption and select Save Caption.
To completely remove an image from your gallery, hover over the image and select the trash icon. Confirm your changes by selecting Yes.
Hide stay photos
Your sitter profile will automatically show photos you’ve sent to pet owners on past stays or walks. This is a great way to show potential new pet owners the range of pets you care for. If you or the pet owner don't want these images displayed on your profile, you can hide them.
Hide all stay photos
You can hide stay photos from your profile using a web browser.
1. Navigate to your settings by selecting your name and then Settings.
2. Select the Sitter tab.
3. Next to Hide Photos, click the toggle icon from left to right, turning it green.
4. Select Save Settings.
Tip: If you ever want to send a photo privately in the future, you can do so on the Rover app:
- Upload the picture to the message with the pet owner.
- Disable the Add a copy to my profile option by tapping the toggle icon.
- Send your photo
Hide photos for a specific stay
If you want to hide specific photos from a stay, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to your inbox by selecting the envelope icon in the upper right corner of your screen.
2. Locate the booking with the photo you want to remove.
3. On the left side of the page under Information about this booking, select the pet's profile.
4. Select the photo you’d like to hide, and then select Make this photo private.