Your inbox is key to running a successful business—especially when it comes to managing requests that you're unable to book. If you receive a request you can’t accept, you should:
- Promptly respond to the pet owner via Rover Messages.
- Decline the request by archiving it.
1. Open the Pending folder from your inbox and locate the request you'd like to archive.
2. Select Details.
3. Tap Archive, then select the reason you're archiving the request.
- Open the Pending Requests section of your inbox.
- Locate the owner's request and select Archive.
- Select a reason why you were unable to book with this pet owner, then select Save.
- The request will then be moved to the Archived Requests tab.
Note: At this time, archived conversations cannot be deleted from your inbox.
You can also unarchive the request if you change your mind and decide to book it. Here’s how:
1. Access the Archived folder from inbox menu and open the booking you'd like to unarchive.
2. Select Details, then Unarchive in the upper right corner.
The request will move back to the Pending section of your inbox.
1. Go to your inbox and select Archived Requests.
2. Locate the request you want to unarchive, then select Unarchive.
The request will be moved to the Pending Requests tab where you can continue and book as normal.
- You’ll never be penalized for declining requests that aren’t compatible with your preferences and calendar availability. Any request you archive from your inbox means that you've declined it.
- Unbooked requests that remain in your inbox may affect your profile visibility for the dates the pet owner requested. To ensure that you appear in search results for those dates, make sure you accept or decline the request.
- If you frequently decline requests for days that you've listed as available on your calendar, then it may impact your booking score over time. To learn more about sitter performance scores, check out this article.