Welcome, fellow dog lover! We’re so glad you want to join our pack as an independent contractor on Rover. You can start your Rover sitter/walker profile on a desktop computer or mobile browser. Here's how:
1. Select the Become a Sitter link at the top of the page.
Here you’ll learn about the perks of becoming a sitter, including the freedom to set your own rates and access to 24/7 emergency support. Just interested in being a dog walker and not a sitter? No problem! Even if you only want to be a dog walker, you’ll still select the Become a Sitter link to get your profile started.
2. Select Get Started to begin your profile.
3. Build your profile. (Go here to learn how to set your profile apart.)
4. Once your profile is complete and submitted, you'll receive an email from Onfido, our identity verification partners.
5. After you complete identity verification, your profile will be reviewed by our sitter team.
So, what's next?
- Keep an eye on your email—our sitter team may ask you to modify a few things to make your profile the best it can be.
- You'll typically hear from us within five business days and we’ll notify you via email if your profile is approved.
- Check out our Sitter Resources Center for advice and tips that'll help you succeed on Rover and our Getting Started section for handy account how-tos.
Note: Pet sitters and dog walkers listed on Rover must be at least 18 years of age and are considered independent contractors. If your profile is approved, you'll be running your own small business and will not be considered a Rover employee. This status gives you the freedom to set your own rates and schedule—plus it's important to know come tax time.