Welcome, fellow dog lover! We’re so glad you want to join our pack as an independent contractor on Rover. You can start your Rover sitter/walker profile on a desktop computer or mobile browser. Here's how:
1. Select the Become a Sitter link at the top of the page.
Here you’ll learn about the perks of becoming a sitter, including the freedom to set your own rates and access to 24/7 emergency support. Just interested in being a dog walker and not a sitter? No problem! Even if you only want to be a dog walker, you’ll still select the Become a Sitter link to get your profile started.
2. Select Get Started to begin your profile.
3. Build your profile. The questions will be more dog-focused, so, if you'd like to take care of cats or other pets, try to respond to these as if they're being asked about cats or other pets. To help emphasise to pet parents that you'd like to take care of their cat, for instance, make your profile more cat-centric by highlighting your cat experience in your description, headline, pictures, etc.
Go here to learn how to set your profile apart.
4. Once your profile is complete, you'll be asked to complete an identity verification with Onfido, our ID check partner.
5. Finally, after you complete identity verification, your profile will be reviewed by our quality team.
So, what's next?
- Keep an eye on your email—our sitter team may ask you to modify a few things to make your profile the best it can be.
- You'll typically hear from us within five business days and we’ll notify you via email if your profile is approved.
- Check out our Sitter Resources Center for advice and tips that'll help you succeed on Rover and our Getting Started section for handy account how-tos.
Note: Pet sitters and dog walkers listed on Rover must be at least 18 years of age and are considered independent contractors. If your profile is approved, you'll be running your own small business and will not be considered a Rover employee. This status gives you the freedom to set your own rates and schedule—plus it's important to know come tax time.