So you’ve found the perfect sitter or dog walker, contacted them, and had a Meet & Greet—sounds like you’re ready to book. To book a service, simply:
1. Navigate to your Inbox by selecting the envelope icon in the upper right corner of your screen.
2. Locate the conversation with the sitter you want to book with under pending requests.
Note: You can select the Book Now button from this view, or you can open the conversation to review the details before booking.
3. Navigate to the gray box on the left to review the service details. Select Book It Now, or if your sitter has already accepted the request on their end, select Accept Request and pay. You'll then be prompted to submit payment for the booking.
4. Enter your payment details and review them. Depending on your bank, you may be asked to confirm your payment. If you have a voucher or promo code, enter it in the promo code field and select Redeem.
5. Your sitter will receive a notification to confirm the booking if they haven't already done so. As soon as the sitter accepts your request, the service is officially booked.
Your card will be charged for the entire service at the time of booking. Your sitter or dog walker will be paid within five working days of the end of the service. For more information on how payments work, check out the payment section.
- Tap Inbox at the bottom of your screen.
- Under Pending, tap the request you’d like to book.
- Tap Book It! on the top of the screen.
- Enter your credit card information. Tap Next.
- Enter your billing address. Tap Add Card.
- Enter any promo codes you may have and tap Redeem.
- Review your stay summary and tap Request to Book.
- If you've changed your pending request to include additional dates or pets, your credit card will be charged the new rate. The previous charge for the first request will also appear on your credit card statement but will be invalid as soon as the new debit has been made.
- If you need to make changes to your booking, please contact your sitter directly. If the sitter agrees with the changes, they can edit the booking from their rover account.
- Booking and paying through Rover is required per our Terms of Service.
- Never pay your sitter or dog walker by cash or check—this can expose you to fraud and makes your bookings ineligible for the Rover Guarantee and 24/7 support.
Have questions? We're here for you! Contact Rover Support at +448082812524. Or, submit a help request by navigating to the bottom of any page in the Help Center and selecting Contact Support.