Here at Rover, our top priority has always been the safety of our community. During these current times where extra care and vigilance is required, we ask that you consider, in advance, whether you still need any upcoming services that you might have booked. The priority for our community is to reduce the risk of spreading germs to others.
Please pay attention to the cancellation policy on your bookings. For instructions on how to cancel a booking, read the article below. If you encounter any issue as you cancel a booking, feel free to reach out to us using our Contact Support form below and selecting the option Booking > Canceling a booking.
We get it: Sometimes plans change and you may need to cancel a service before it’s begun. No problem—you can do this all within your Rover account.
First things first: know your sitter’s cancellation policy. Depending on the date of the cancellation and your sitter’s policy, you may be entitled to a full or partial refund. You can find out what policy your sitter has in place by visiting their profile page.
Hover your mouse over the cancellation policy to read more. You’ll see details about one of the following three policies:
- You'll get a full refund if you cancel before the stay or walk begins.
- If you cancel after the stay or walk begins, you'll get a 50% refund for the first seven cancelled days and a 100% refund for any additional cancelled days.
- You'll get a full refund if you cancel by 12:00 noon the day before the stay begins (12:00 noon is determined by your sitter's time zone).
- If you cancel after 12:00 noon the day before the stay begins, you'll get a 50% refund for the first seven cancelled days and a 100% refund for any additional cancelled days.
- You'll get a full refund if you cancel by 12:00 noon one week before the stay begins (12:00 noon is determined by your sitter's time zone).
- If you cancel after 12:00 noon one week before the stay begins, you'll get a 50% refund for the first seven cancelled days and a 100% refund for any additional days.
How to Cancel a Service Before It Begins
1. Navigate to your Inbox by selecting the envelope icon.
2. Select the Upcoming Stays tab and then select the request you want to cancel.
3. Once the request is open, locate the grey box that lists your service details. Select Cancel booking.
4. A pop-up form will ask you to give some details about why you’re canceling. This message goes directly to Rover Support and will not go to your sitter. Select Submit Request.
5. Select Yes, I want to cancel.
If you haven’t told your sitter that you’ll need to cancel a service already, it’s a good idea to communicate that to them now in your request messages.
Once your cancellation has been initiated, you and your sitter will receive confirmation emails from Rover. You can expect your refund (dependent on your sitter’s cancellation policy) to the original form of payment within 1–3 business days.
How to Cancel a Service After It’s Begun
If you need to cancel a service that is currently in progress, please contact Rover Support at +448082812524 Monday to Saturday from 9am - 6pm. Or, submit a help request by navigating to the bottom of any page in the Help Centre and selecting Contact Support.