In this article, we'll go over:
Pet parents will select the Contact button on your profile to initiate a booking request with you.
Once the pet parent has contacted you, here's what to do next to book the stay:
1. When a pet parent sends you a request, it'll show in the Pending Requests section of your inbox. Respond as quickly as you can--requests that are responded to quickly are more likely to book.
2. After selecting the pending request you’d like to book, review the details of the booking in the gray box to make sure the request is a good fit for you. You can see more details about the dog by clicking on the dog's profile.
3. Before booking, make sure to have a Meet & Greet—this is a great opportunity to get to know the pet parent and dog. To learn more about how to schedule a Meet & Greet check out this article.
4. When you and your pet owner are ready to book, either one of you can select Book It Now.
5. After the Book It Now button has been selected the other party has 72 hours to accept the request. After 72 hours, the request expires. It’s easy to renew the request though—check out this article to learn how.
a) Once a request is booked, it automatically moves to the Upcoming Stays section of your inbox.
b) If you don’t book the request, it’s important to archive it. Until you archive the request, you may not show in search for dates that you have a pending request. You can learn more about archiving requests here.
Once you’re in contact with a pet owner, typically after they’ve reached out to you, you can continue messaging with them in the Rover app. Here’s how:
- Tap Inbox at the bottom of your screen.
- Tap Pending for unbooked stays or walks, or Upcoming for booked stays that are upcoming or in progress.
- Tap the mailbox icon at the top left of your screen to see your Past stays or Archived requests (iOS only, for Android you'll be able to see all requests in the inbox section of the menu).
- Tap the conversation you’d like to continue. You can write a message and attach photos or videos, then tap send.
So a dog owner wants to book with you again—that’s great! You can make their next stay even better than the last by creating a new booking for them:
- Navigate to your Inbox by selecting the envelope icon.
2. Select the View past customers link.
3. Locate the pet owner you’d like to book with. Pro tip: you can use the search box to filter your bookings by the owner's or dog’s name. Select Book A New Stay.
4. Enter the service dates, select the type of service, write your pet owner a message, and then select Create stay request to send the booking request to your pet owner.
6. Select Book It Now to request payment from your pet owner and finalize the booking.
- Tap Rebook at the bottom of the screen.
- Locate the pet owner you’d like to book with, and the service you’d like to book, and tap Rebook.
- Edit the details and service dates as needed.
- Add a message, then tap Send Request for iPhone or tap the white arrow in the upper right corner of the screen on Android.
- Tap Book It.