The booking modification feature allows you to make changes to a current or upcoming booking in the Upcoming Stays section of your Rover Inbox. With this tool, you can:
- Add, remove, or change service dates
- Modify pets
- Change rates
You can modify a booking from your computer, mobile browser, or the Rover app. Check out the instructions below for steps specific to your device.
1. Navigate to your Inbox by selecting the envelope icon.
2. Select the Upcoming Stays tab and then select the request you need to modify.
3. Once the request is open, navigate to the service details and select Modify booking.
4. From here, make modifications to any of the following options for your booking:
- Number of walks or drop-ins per day
|Important: Make sure you discuss any rate changes with the pet owner before modifying the booking.|
If your cancellation policy includes a penalty fee for any booking modifications, you have the option to waive it. To do this, tap the toggle icon in the Extras and Adjustments section, making it green to waive the cancellation penalty.
5. Review your changes and write a short message to the owner explaining the updates. When finished, select Submit changes.
Once you submit the request, your pet owner has up to 72 hours to confirm the modification. You'll receive a confirmation email once your pet owner accepts the changes.
- Tap Inbox at the bottom of your screen, then select Upcoming.
- Locate the request you need to modify.
- Tap the three-dotted icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Tap Modify booking.
Then select Modify details.
- Update the booking, then write a short message to the owner explaining the changes.
- Tap Submit changes.
The pet owner will receive the modified request, and they have 72 hours to confirm the changes. Once they confirm, both you and the pet owner will receive a confirmation email.
Some helpful information to know:
- Pet owners cannot modify confirmed bookings at this time. They’ll need to contact their sitter to request additional changes.
- Pet owners must review and approve the booking modification within 72 hours of submitting the change. If the change wasn’t accepted, the booking will still remain active but unchanged.
- Payments for a service may be delayed for a booking if it was modified near the end of an active stay and the owner didn't confirm it until after the booking was completed. This is because pet owners have 72 hours to confirm a booking modification. In cases like these, your payment will be released 2 days after the owner’s confirmation.