Rover Cards allow you to seamlessly track and share information with your pet owners in just a few taps. You can send Rover Cards after tracking Dog Walking, Drop-In Visits, and Doggie Day Care services in the free Rover app.
You won't be able to send them for Dog Boarding or House Sitting services but you can still update the owner with messages, photos, and videos through your Rover conversation.
- How many times the dog(s) peed and pooped
- Food and water activity
- At least one photo and an optional short message
- A map of your walk with total distance (if applicable)
1. Open the Rover app and tap Today at the bottom of your screen. (Android devices: Tap the menu icon, then tap Today's Rover Cards.)
2. When you’re ready to begin a service, tap Start.
3. During the service, take a photo and track any events that happen by tapping the icons for pee, poo, food, and water breaks.
4. When you’re done, tap Stop to stop the clock.
5. Write an optional message, review the Rover Card, and make any edits you need. Then, tap Send to send it to your pet owner.
Note: Remember that once you've closed and sent your Rover card, you won't be able to re-open or amend it. To view past Rover Cards you’ve sent, tap More at the bottom of your screen and then tap Rover Cards. (Android devices: Tap the menu icon, then tap Rover Cards.)
Q: Do I need to complete a Rover Card to get paid?
A: No. Payment will be process after the booking end date as usual, wether there's a Rover card completed or not.
Q: Do I need the Rover app to send Rover Cards?
A: Yes, you need the Rover app to send Rover Cards. It’s free to download—get it here.
Q: Do my pet owners need the Rover app to get Rover Cards?
A: Nope, your pet owners don’t need the app to get Rover Cards, but we highly recommend they download it. The app makes it easy to get updates and book services on-the-go.
Q: Can I resend a Rover Card?
A: No, but your pet owner can access their card anytime on Rover.com or in the Rover app and we'll automatically resend it if something goes wrong. Pet owners can find Rover Cards in the app and in their Rover messages.