Rover Cards allow you to track and share information with your pet owners from the Rover app. You can send Rover Cards for walks, drop-ins, and day care services.
Rover Cards allow you to enter the following information:
- Potty breaks
- Food and water activity
- At least one photo and an optional short message
- A map of your walk with the total distance
How to start and send a Rover Card
Note: In order to send Rover Cards, you need the Rover app. Download the app for free here.
You should start a Rover Card right when the service starts. This could be when the walk begins or when the dog enters your care—whatever you’ve agreed to with the pet owner.
- Open the Rover app and tap Home at the bottom of your screen.
Note: If you don't see the Home tab, sign out and close the app, then reopen it and sign back in.
- When you’re ready to begin a service, tap Start.
- During the service, take a photo and track any events that happen by tapping the icons for pee, poo, food, and water breaks.
- When you’re done, tap Stop to stop the clock.
- Write an optional message, review the Rover Card, and make any edits you need. Then, tap Send to send it to your pet owner.
|Tip: You can navigate away from an active Rover Card to use other apps on your phone during the service. The card will continue to run until you tap Stop. To reopen an active card, tap Home and select Open.|
To view past Rover Cards you’ve sent, tap More at the bottom of your screen and then tap Rover Cards.
- Your pet owners don’t need the app to get Rover Cards, but we highly recommend they download it. The app makes it easy to get updates and book services on-the-go.
- It isn’t possible to resend a Rover Card. Your pet owner can view these at any time via Rover Messages or through the app by tapping More > Rover Cards.
- Booked walks and drop-ins are typically 30 minutes. However, if you and the pet owner want to book a longer service, we recommend booking back-to-back services. Go here for tips on how to adjust your rates on a per-booking basis.