With locked-in rates, sitters have the flexibility of setting specific rates for certain pet owners When you lock in service rates for an owner, those prices will be automatically applied to their future bookings with you.
A few things to note about locked-in rates:
- You can lock in a rate for a pet owner in both the Pending Requests and Past Stays section of your account.
- Rates are locked in per pet owner by service type. This means that each of the services you offer can have locked-in rates applied specifically to that owner.
- If any of your rates aren't locked in, we'll display an orange warning icon next to it and on the booking details.
From your Rover app
- Open the Rover app and tap inbox, then navigate to the Pending or Past Stays Section.
- Tap on the pet owner's name. Under the Payment Details section in the booking summary, tap Lock rates for [Name].
- Review the listed rates to ensure they reflect your preferences, then scroll to the bottom and tap Lock rates.
The pet owner will pay these locked rates for all future bookings. These rates will not change, even if you increase your default rates.
If you no longer want to lock rates for a pet owner, scroll to the bottom of their booking details and tap Update to default rates.
From your computer
- Select the inbox icon from your account and locate the pet owner from either the Pending Requests or Past Stays tab.
- Next to the booking details, select the toggle icon next to Lock in your rates for future stays with [Name]. The toggle will turn green to indicate that you’ve successfully locked in rates.
- Select Ok to save your changes.
If you no longer want to apply locked rates to future bookings for a particular pet owner, navigate to the pet owner's previous booking in the Past Bookings tab. Select Unlock rates.