A recurring service repeats automatically every week. With this feature, bookings take place on the same day of the week, and they'll repeat on an ongoing basis. You can discontinue recurring services at any time.
This feature is available for dog walking, day care, and drop-in visits.
How to create a recurring service
1. To initiate a recurring service, create a new request with a sitter or dog walker.
2. Select Repeat weekly and specify which days you need service.
How to modify a recurring service
Sitters: For steps on how to modify a recurring service from your account, visit this article.
If you need to adjust this week’s service or the regular schedule for the booking, please contact your sitter via Rover Messages. They’ll be able to update the booking.
If you need to modify upcoming weeks of service, you can edit up to five weeks in advance from the Rover app. Here's how:
- Open booking from your Upcoming inbox.
- Tap Details.
- Tap Modify in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Tap Modify details.
- To add a service, tap Add walk/visit under the Upcoming weeks section.
- To edit or cancel an existing service, tap the Pencil icon next to the relevant dates.
- Tap Submit to save your changes.
How to cancel a recurring service
A recurring service has a same-day cancellation policy. This means that you'll receive a full refund any time services weren't provided by the sitter or if you need to cancel.
You can end a recurring service right from your Rover account. Keep in mind that the current week's booking will remain scheduled, but no new bookings will generate going forward.
Here’s how to cancel:
- Locate the booking and tap the three-dotted icon.
- Tap Modify booking, then Cancel booking.
- Select a cancellation reason from the dropdown menu.
- Confirm your changes by tapping Cancel booking.
- Navigate to the Stay Details section of the booking from your inbox and select Cancel Booking.
- Select a cancellation reason and confirm your changes.
You and your pet care provider will receive a message confirming the cancellation. You'll no longer see new recurring services on your account beyond the one scheduled for the current week.
Billing for a recurring service
When you set up your initial recurring service, you'll be charged at the time of the booking for that first week. After your first week of service, you'll be charged every Monday for the upcoming week of service.
Sitters must generate Rover Cards in order to receive payment for the service. This is how Rover can see if a service was completed or not.
Resolving payment issues
There are some instances when payment for a recurring service wasn’t processed. When this happens, you’ll receive an email from Rover and a notification in your account to verify or update your payment information.
To review and update your payment information, follow these steps:
- Visit the Payment Issues section of your account.
- Select Retry payment.
- Check to make sure your payment information is correct. If it is, resubmit payment by selecting Pay now. If you need to add a different card, select Add Credit Card, then select Pay now.
- Your card will be charged for all services that were scheduled.