Keeping your calendar up to date is an important part of managing your pet care services on Rover. It’ll help you receive requests you can accept, and the more requests you accept, the better your booking rate will be—and the better your booking rate, the more likely it is that dog owners will choose you as their next sitter.
- Calendar basics
- How do I edit my availability for a specific date(s)?
- How do I edit my ongoing availability?
- What else can I do with my calendar?
Your services are automatically color-coded so you can see your availability at a glance. Each day of the month shows what services you offer, how many bookings you have, and how many dogs you can book. For example:
- If you’re willing to board 2 dogs on Tuesdays, and have 2 dogs booked, you’ll see “2/2 booked" on Tuesday.
- If you’ve marked yourself as unavailable for all services, a slash will display.
To update your calendar once, like you would for a holiday, do the following:
1. Select the day you want to edit on your calendar, or click and drag your mouse to edit multiple dates at once.
2. A popup window will appear. You can choose to edit each service individually and select Save. Or, if you won’t be available for any services, just select Mark all services as unavailable. To reset the number of spaces you have to your default number of spaces, select reset to default.
3. Your edits will now reflect on your calendar.
Note: Changes you make to your calendar just once will always override changes you make on a recurring basis. That way, if you usually offer dog boarding on the weekends but leave for a holiday, you won’t accidentally appear as available for the one weekend you’ll be out of town.
To update your availability on a recurring basis, like you would if you only offer services on certain days, do the following:
1. Navigate to your calendar by selecting your name in the upper right corner of the screen. Select Calendar.
2. On the left side of your screen, select the arrow next to the service you’re updating.
3. Tick or untick the boxes as needed. When a box is ticked, that means you’re available to offer that service on that day, on a weekly basis.
- You can view all the services you offer at once, or pick and choose by selecting the coloured circles on the left side of the page.
- By selecting the arrows on the left side of the page, you can customise which days of the week you’re available for each service you offer.
- If you want to sync your Rover calendar to Google calendar or iCal, select Sync your calendar on the left side of the page.
- To look at a different month, select the left and right arrows near the top of the calendar. You can always jump to today’s date by selecting Today.