Holidays are a busy time for everyone, sitters and pet parents alike. That’s why you have the ability to raise your rates for services throughout the peak season.
In this article, we’ll cover the following topics:
2022 Peak dates
- 15th April - 18th April 2022 (Easter)
- 30th April - 2nd May 2022 (Early May Bank Holiday)
- 2nd June - 5th June 2022 (Spring Bank Holiday)
- 30th July - 30th August 2022 (Summer peak)
- 23rd December 2022 - 1st January 2023 (Christmas and New Year)
How Peak Rates work
If a booking includes dates within a peak period, your Peak Rates will be applied to the first dog in the booking for the entire booking.
For example, the peak period for Christmas 2021 and New Year is 23rd December - 2nd January 2022. Let's say you receive a house sitting request from 21st-26th December for two dogs. Since the booking overlaps with this peak period, the Peak Rate would apply to the first dog for all five nights.
For more information about managing/enabling add-on rates, visit this article.
Tip: You can also set a custom price for specific pet owners during the peak season by editing the booking request. For step-by-step instructions on how to do this, check out this article.
Strategies for setting Peak Rates
- Check out the peak pricing of other sitters in your area to help you determine what your Peak Rate should be.
- We’ve noticed that generally, sitters tend to set their Peak Rates 10-20% above their standard rates.
- Apply Peak Rates when they make sense for you. If you notice different trends or spikes in demand during other holidays that Rover hasn't listed above, you're welcome to apply Peak Rates for those periods.
- If you don't want to set a Peak Rate, simply leave the rate blank and Rover will use your normal service rate for peak bookings instead.